© Copyright 2020 Variety Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. a list of 13 images “DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?”And just as swiftly, his temper recedes. At 17, he joined the Marines, but quit shortly after. Everything on yo’ gotdamn table got AIDS.”Lafayette’s altercation with the customer gets physical. “Working with him was a privilege.”Ellis’ “The Help” costar Octavia Spencer broke the news on Born in Harvey, Ill. in 1977, he and his siblings were moved to Alabama to live with their aunt before Ellis decided to move back to Chicago at age 15. UPDATED: Nelsan Ellis, famous for his role as Lafayette Reynolds on HBO’s “True Blood,” has died of complications from heart failure. The news was confirmed by his manager, Emily Gerson Saines. Nelsan Ellis, né le 30 novembre 1977 à Harvey [1] et mort le 8 juillet 2017 à Los Angeles (), est un acteur américain de films et de télévision, plusieurs fois récompensé, et un dramaturge.. Il est surtout connu pour son rôle de Lafayette Reynolds, dans la série télévisée True Blood

Making his debut on the series' premiere episode, "Strange Love", in the series' first season, Nelsan plays the role of a medium and cook working at Merlotte's Bar and Grill in the small town of Bon Temps, Louisiana.

Nelsan Ellis was an award-winning American film and television actor and playwright, perhaps best known as Lafayette Reynolds on HBO's True Blood (2008). Nelsan Ellis (November 30, 1977 – July 8, 2017) was an award-winning American film and television actor and playwright who played the role of Lafayette Reynolds on the HBO original series True Blood.

He is also survived by his siblings Lakeeia Thomson, Tommie Lee Thompson, Babon Ellis, Maurice Turne, Tianna Thompson, Shaentika Beard and Yvonne Ellis and aunt Tartheaia Thompson. His family later issued a statement attributing the heart failure to complications of longtime alcohol and drug abuse.“We were extremely saddened to hear of the passing of Nelsan Ellis,” HBO said in a statement. Following his parents' divorce, Ellis and his mother moved to Alabama. “Who ordered the hamburger wit’ AIDS?”“I ordered a hamburger deluxe,” the customer responds.“In this restaurant, a hamburger deluxe come wit’ french fries, lettuce, tomato, mayo — AND AIDS,” Lafayette says, raising his voice. He attended Thorn Ridge High School in Dolton, and later attended Oxford University and Columbia College in Chicago before graduating from the famed Juilliard School.Ellis appeared in numerous films and TV shows, including The character Lafayette was killed off fairly early on in "We were extremely saddened to hear of the passing of Nelsan Ellis," HBO said in a statement on Saturday. Nelsan Ellis, Actor: The Butler. Sookie Stackhouse Anna Paquin. Nelsan Ellis was an award-winning American film and television actor and playwright, perhaps best known as Lafayette Reynolds on HBO's https://theundefeated.com/features/true-blood-nelsan-ellis-rest-in-peace “Nelsan was a singular talent whose creativity never ceased to amaze me,” said Ball. Season 3. But when the industry can’t tell the difference, I’m like, ‘Damn, that’s a little closed-minded,’ ” Ellis Ellis wasn’t alone in that regard. Season 5. Ellis’ interpretation of Lafayette was so memorable that of course he’d seem right at home as a guest judge on Indeed, Ellis found it insulting when entertainment professionals seemed to overlook his Juilliard bona fides by assuming that he wasn’t a character actor.“I can’t just get upset with regular folk because all they see is the character. He could just as easily spread his glossed lips into a smile and flutter his fake eyelashes as he could hem up a delinquent customer in a full nelson, a quality that made him My favorite scene of Ellis’ is also one of his most famous. The latest and best from The Undefeated — straight to your inbox When Luke Grimes started on HBO’s “True Blood” last season his character James Kent was wooing a female vampire. “Once they get me with the fake eyelashes and the eye makeup, I listen to some Rihanna and I’m there.”After 80 episodes over the span of seven seasons, Ellis walked away with a handful of awards: Two Satellite Awards, an Ewwy for best supporting dramatic actor, and a NewNowNext Award for actor on the brink of fame.Following the success of “True Blood,” Ellis moved from TV to film, landing key roles in movies like “Get On Up,” “The Stanford Prison Experiment,” “Little Boxes,” “The Butler, ” and “The Help.” Most recently, the actor could be seen in a lead role on CBS’ “Elementary,” including the just-wrapped fifth season.“Crushed today by the loss of my friend and castmate Nelsan Ellis,” said “True Blood” costar Joe Manganiello. © 2020 ESPN Internet Ventures. “I’m an American. NEW YORK— Actor Nelsan Ellis, best known for playing the character of Lafayette Reynolds on "True Blood," has died at the age of 39. Nelsan Ellis was an award-winning American film and television actor and playwright, perhaps best known as Lafayette Reynolds on HBO's True Blood (2008). Playing a recurring role through the series' first, second, thi… But it transformed who I am as an actor and a person.”After a single season on Fox’s “The Inside” opposite Rachel Nichols and Adam Baldwin and an episode of “Veronica Mars,” Ellis was then cast in the role that would define his career — gay short order cook Lafayette Reynolds.“I have more makeup on than any of the females in the (True Blood) cast,” Ellis once famously noted to the Philadelphia Inquirer.